Dec 15, 2020
[3:45] — Mackensie shares how she got into
Messenger chatbot marketing
- Marketing and business were the last thing in her mind upon
- She has a bachelor’s degree in biology and worked as a
clinically-certified psychogeneticist for a decade.
- She decided to find a job that didn´t get her stuck in the lab
with her outgoing personality and allowed her to work from home and
be with her family. That’s when she found out about digital
marketing and chatbots.
[7:02] — The current landscape of chatbot
- Because of the user complaints on pages who are spamming
messages, Facebook created the 24-hour rule. With this, carriers
can only message users who engaged within 24 hours of their
previous message engagement.
- However, there are some ways to reach subscribers outside those
- Message tags
- Confirmed event updates
- Account update
- One-time notification
- Paid ads
[12:23] — Navigating the one-time notification (OTN)
- When users opt into OTN, they will get a message from your
page. Every time they click the 'Notify me' button, you get a
- Once the 24-hour window opens up, you can send another message
and a follow-up. Make sure to make your message template
[16:04] — Why you should use a multi-channel
- If your traffic is not yet in a chatbot and SMS, you can
include a link called Ref URL Growth Tool. It is a tool in ManyChat
which will take them into Messenger.
- Once they're in Messenger, you can ask them to opt-in for SMS
- You can use ManyChat to accomplish all of these.
[17:49] — Mackensie shares the most effective strategies to get
people into your bot funnel
- Getting people into your funnel would mainly depend on your
type of offer and business.
- You can use paid ads, organic strategies like email, and
engaging strategies like quizzes, giveaways, and coupons.
[20:47] — What are the best customer engagement strategy
- Segment your users. You have to make sure that your messages
are relevant to your users. Otherwise, they will ignore your
- Ask people about your message and get their feedback.
- Provide them with your latest offers.
[24:23] — The importance of the 24-hour
- Even a button click counts as an engagement. You have to make
sure that the attention is back and forth.
- Don't be spammy. Remember that you won't keep the 24-hour
window opened repeatedly. Make sure to get your engagements'
contact information within the initial 24-hour window.
- You have to re-engage engagements both outside and back into
Messenger to reopen the 24-hour window.
[26:39] — What are the most common mistakes in chatbot
- Not setting up your foundational bot
- Copy-pasting messages out of email campaigns
- Not utilizing reminders or follow-ups