Dec 22, 2020
[04:13] – Jeremy gives a background of his
- Jeremy started a product distribution company online called
Swag.com in 2016.
- He discovered a problem with antiquated catalog
- His solution was to streamline the entire experience allowing
buyers to personalize their products.
[05:20] – What is so special about Swag.com?
- Swag.com is different because of the product personalization
and distribution platform.
- What is being distributed is an experience.
- Sales talk is not always required to sell products.
[07:21] – How Swag.com gained traction
- Initially, they targeted big brands to build strong client
- A catchy name was essential. For Jeremy, Swag.com says
everything about the business without having to say anything
- With consistent content creation, they built a strong SEO
strategy to increase their organic visitors. Their main focus is
not on making viral posts but on getting to their target
[8:25] – Getting the domain and starting up the
- Jeremy got the domain from day one with no funds thanks to a
deal they made with the owner; they eventually paid $200,000 for
- An outbound strategy works in the initial stages of startup
- Starting from top to bottom is not disadvantageous contrary to
what other entrepreneurs believe.
- Rise above the challenges, get in the door and do everything
you need to do.
[14:48] – Strategies to control traffic
- Using Google is too expensive to focus all your strategy based
- One content strategy is creating consistent content to catch
the attention of potential customers.
- From an SEO perspective, using longtail keywords in blog posts
is effective when it´s focused to a specific target audience.
- Using traction channels or joining partnerships is a strategy
in growth hacking.
[24:29] – Best conversion hacks
- The first conversion hack is to label products with Swag’s
tagline “we made this”.
- After expansion, they started adding shipping labels saying
“powered by swag.com” to every package.
- To gain more organic buyers, conducting giveaways is
- Reciprocity helps solve the problem of cold outbound
- The best way to raise money is through the press.
[30:58] – Jeremy’s number one goal for the year
- Jeremy intends to push hard on the Swag distribution
- The platform will have unbelievably new features by then.
- The next phase is for the platform to allow people to automate
Swag distribution by themselves.