Dec 29, 2020
[3:16] — Brian introduces himself and his company, Posted
- Brian is the CEO and owner of Posted Social.
- Posted Social is a digital marketing company specialized in
eCommerce sales through social media advertising and B2B lead
[4:25] — Brian introduces their recent product launch, the Hurt
- The Hurt Skurt is an ice pack sleeve that has compression built
into it. It can easily slide onto your arm or leg and stay in
- People can use it for postoperative rehabilitation or everyday
knee or elbow pain.
- The Hurt Skurt’s 30-day trailing sales after its product launch
was $130,000. Currently, the product’s trailing 30-day sales
already increased by 20%.
[6:54] — How did Posted Social and Hurt Skurt start to
- Brian's partner in another business held a pitch event, where
the inventor of Hurt Skurt pitched a wine bottle cooler. Brian's
partner suggested using his items on people's bodies instead.
- Posted Social focused on building traction through
advertisements and Amazon before the product launch of Hurt Skurt
on social media.
- The leading demographic of Hurt Skurt is 45- to 55-year-old
[9:06] — Creating an eCommerce campaign for Hurt
- Posted Social did not have a previous customer history with
Hurt Skurt, so they had to start from the ground up.
- The best-performing assets for their ads are ten second-long
- Posted Social collected data and tested different audiences on
Facebook to find their buyer. After that, they used that look alike
data from purchases and tracked them.
- Currently, their highest return is on ad spend, where they are
working on retargeting audience.
- Hurt Skurt is not the type of product that takes time to decide
a purchase. Nonetheless, Posted Social still tried a funnel.
[17:39] — What are the best practices in scaling up the ads for an
- They duplicated their ad campaign after they hit a plateau with
their previous ads.
- The offering was hindering the performance of their ads.
[20:31] — Learning opportunities from Hurt Skurt's eCommerce
- Focus on selling to a specific demographic, your sure-paying
- They learned that you have to spend a little money to keep
[22:08] — Channel expansion
- This month, Hurt Skurt is finally going to be on HSN. Thanks to
having one all-star entrepreneur for HSN partner and to having a
product that fits HSN's crowd of 58-year-old females is that they
were able to get in.
- Expanding to Instagram is not fruitful, so they are focusing on
Facebook through the holiday season.
- They created an Amazon account three months prior to the
Facebook product launch. Instead of going to their website, people
search for the product on Google and buy on Amazon.